Halloween is a beloved holiday for both children and adults. Nevertheless, trick-or-treating and other typical Halloween festivities come with their own set of risks. Adhere to these precautionary measures from The Handyman to ensure your Halloween remains delightful and hazard-free!
Getting Ready for Guests
- Confirm that outdoor lighting is functioning effectively. Change defective bulbs.
- Clear your yard to prevent tripping hazards by removing objects like lawn decorations, bicycles, toys, and gardening tools.
- Secure pets before children start to appear. Pets can become uneasy and pose a threat to visitors.
- Opt for bright and reflective costumes. Alternatively, enhance visibility with reflective tape or use a reflective trick-or-treat bag.
- Evade costumes that trail on the ground or any accessories that could lead to trips and falls.
- Refrain from using masks as they can restrict vision or obstruct breathing.
- Dress suitably for the weather conditions, possibly adding layers to the costume if it’s chilly.
- Children aged 12 or below should have adult supervision. Older children must travel in groups and never be alone.
- Be clear about the trick-or-treating route your children will follow. Require them to call you if they wish to deviate from the planned path and you are not accompanying them.
- Adhere to paths and sidewalks. When absent, walk against the traffic on the left side of the road to enhance visibility to motorists.
- Equip each child with a flashlight to evade tripping in darkness.
- Steer clear of unfamiliar animals, especially dogs.
- Bypass dimly lit houses and only accept treats at the doorstep; refrain from entering a stranger’s house.
Follow these guidelines to guarantee a fun and secure Halloween for everyone!
Ready to cross off that growing to-do list with ease and precision? Look no further! The Handyman is here to tackle any project, big or small, with unmatched expertise and care. Call us today!
Like our Facebook page for more information about our services.